It doesn’t rain much here in Marbella and the sun returns very quickly, however as it can’t always stay dry, it’s always good to have some ideas up your sleeve for rainy day activities.
As a Marbella family dentist we are often asked by parents what they should do with their kids during these rare bouts of bad weather, so we wanted to share a few ideas…
- Go to the cinema – There are some great cinemas in Marbella and Puerto Banus showing the latest blockbusters. If you want the films in English look out for VO (Versión Original). Here’s a good page to check out the latest English movies showing on the Costa del Sol
- Go to an indoor play area – There are lots of indoor play areas around including Camelot Park in the underground car park at the La Cañada shopping centre, Kidz Kingdom and Mundo Mania in Cancelada, just 10 minutes from Marbella centre towards Estepona. These are perfect for passing away a rainy day and allowing the kids to burn off some energy while you have a coffee and catch up with friends.
- Visit the shops – Shopping is great for a rainy day, but can be a little dull for the kids, so there are play areas and kid friendly places popping up in shops so that the parents can shop undisturbed and the kids can have a great time. These include the Maravillas play area in El Cort Ingles Puerto Banus for kids from 2 to 10 years old, and the new Intooit in the Centro Commerical Cristamar, also in Banus. Ikea Malaga also has a great supervised play area, so this is another good idea for a rainy day.
- Get crafty – There’s no need to go anywhere to have fun, why not stay at home and get crafty, making fun things together. Crafts are a great winter activity and can be really educational too, but it can be hard to come up with good ideas. There’s lots of good stuff online, or you can buy craft kits from My Gecko Box or even sign up to be a member and get one box of craft treats each month.
- Go for a swim – It’s great to keep up with swimming over the winter and as long as the pool is indoors the weather doesn’t matter. There are indoor pools at many of the sports clubs and gyms such as Glow and also a municipal pool at the Alduba sports complex and the Complejo Polideportivo Antonio Serrano Lima
- Visit the dentist – It doesn’t matter about the weather when you visit the dentist and your children should be visiting the dentist every year from when their teeth have all come through, so if you’re at a loose end when the weather is bad, book in the family for a check-up!
Our family friendly dentist is located in Marbella Town right by the copper tower and the Palacio de Congresos and opposite El Cort Ingles and Starbucks. We are very patient and caring and work hard to make kids feel comfortable and relaxed and have a positive experience with the dentist. We have some tips for making kids like the dentist on our blog so you can prepare them and fill them with confidence ahead of their next visit.
Starting early and getting the message of good oral hygiene and visiting the dentist regularly really helps to keep teeth healthy for their whole lives. Please contact us for an appointment, or take a look at the frequently asked questions from parents in our blog How can I look after my child’s teeth